Selecting an Attorney You Can Trust
Finding a lawyer that you can entrust your case to can be an overwhelming experience for people that are going through some sort of difficulty. There are many different factors that you must consider before committing yourself to someone who will represent you in court.
At the Cardone Law Firm, we put to rest any concerns that potential clients have regarding their case with sound legal knowledge, personable and compassionate attorneys, and unmatched legal experience. Needless to say, our 5 star brand of legal representation makes finding the right personal injury attorney effortless.
In essence, the kind of attorney that you want representing you is someone that you would entrust the spare key to your house, and the only way to find out if he or she is trustworthy is to follow the five tips down below. They are all excellent guides for looking for the best candidate to represent you.
If you or someone you love has fallen victim to a personal injury recently and are looking for superior legal representation from personal injury attorneys in New Orleans, contact the Cardone Law Firm today at 1-888-892-2736.
5 Tips on Selecting an Attorney You Can Trust
1. Consult With a Loved One
There is no better method of selecting an attorney you can trust than by hearing it from the people that have experienced their legal services first hand. Shared experiences are an easy way to help you find a quality lawyer.
When you need guidance on how to find a trustworthy lawyer, try talking to:
- Your spouse
- A family member
- A good friend
- A work colleague
Finding someone who can point you in the right direction of a quality lawyer that can best represent your interests is crucial to setting up a strong foundation in your case.
2. Don’t Trust a Lawyer That Can’t Strike Up a Conversation
Open communication between client and attorney is a necessity if you want to win your case. Both parties must be able to communicate details regarding the case openly, and if dialog between you and your lawyer is stressed or cannot be established, case-winning information may not make it to the table.
Meeting with a lawyer that can strike up a natural, professional conversation with you can leave you feeling comfortable and heard, reinforcing your confidence knowing that your case is in the right hands.
3. On the Other Hand, Watch Out for Fast Talkers With Bold Promises
Talking fast can alter your perception about someone in a lot of ways. People who talk fast and/or make bold promises are often seen as either trying to lie to you, sell something to you, are uninterested in what you have to say, are anxious, or all of the above. This is no different when you are speaking with an attorney that wants your business and will say anything to get it.
When an attorney talks fast, it could mean several different things:
- The attorney was nervous – The potential attorney should always remain calm, confident, and focused on you when you’re relaying your story. How they present themselves during your consultation is a telltale sign of how they may conduct themselves in court.
- The attorney is impatient – If an attorney is rushing your consultation, talking over you, or frequently glancing over at the clock, chances are good that he or she has other things that they consider more important than your case. This kind of behavior won’t help you win.
- The attorney lacks empathy – Talking fast can come off as apathetic, and if an attorney can’t empathize with you (i.e. meaning he or she can’t fully understand the pain and suffering you are feeling, or doesn’t seem to care) the attorney cannot accurately portray the suffering that you’ve endured to the court.
Also listen if your potential attorney is making bold promises. Bold promises can be disingenuous. You want to find an attorney who will set realistic expectations about what to expect from your case and the results that will sprout from it.
Of course, not all people who talk fast or make bold promises are trying to deceive you. When in doubt, ask them to speak slowly, and use your intuition.
4. Avoid Making an Impulsive Decision
Finding the right lawyer to represent you in whatever legal proceedings you need should be an endeavor that is given a lot of thought. You don’t want to make a snap decision by hiring the first lawyer you see, talk to, or like.
This person will be representing you in court, so that being said, perception is reality. A hasty decision in hiring a lawyer who is rude, brash, or dishonest will only serve to hurt your case. Hiring an attorney is a life-changing experience, and making such a big decision based on a whim could hurt your chances of winning the compensation you deserve.
5. Do an Interview
Interviewing your prospective lawyer is the best way to figure out if they are the right fit for you. Don’t be afraid to ask him or her questions like:
- How long have you practiced your area of law?
- What kind of special skills or certifications do you have?
- What type of experience have you gained while practicing in that particular area of law?
- What does your track record look like? How many client cases have you won?
- What do your attorney fees look like? How are they structured?
- What other expenses may be involved in my case/claim?
- Do you carry malpractice insurance? If so, how much?
- Can you provide references, particularly from other clients?
Be sure to listen to his or her answers, and observe if what they said is supported by easily verifiable facts. Use your world experience and intuition to gauge how trustworthy you believe them to be.
When in doubt, Google it out.
Finding the perfect law firm to represent your case can also be as easy as looking up a law firm’s rating on Google. Cardone Law Firm takes pride in its a 5 star rating, and we are truly grateful for all the extraordinary reviews our past clients have left us.
With over 40 years of legal experience, over 300 cases tried, and millions in compensation secured for deserving clients, you can rest assured that your claim is in the right hands.
Contact Cardone Law Firm at 1-888-892-2736 to schedule your FREE legal consultation with one of our best personal injury attorneys today.